Friday, November 7, 2008

Meet the Children

Dear Posterity,
When Peter and I decided to get married we discussed having a family and both decided that we'd welcome as many children into our home as the Lord would see fit to bless us with. Our children are truly a joy to us and although not everyone in the church sees fit to follow this council from the Prophet (and thus from the Lord) we are humbled by how this has blessed our lives. If you are as righteous as us and practice family 'unplanning' (which is really planning through the Lord) then you too will be as blessed as we are spiritually, physically and financially.

On a side note- I've decided after counseling with Peter (who is the Priesthood leader in our home and receives revelation concerning our family) not to share pictures of our children on this site- since we're already pretty recognizable. I will however share their names and ages!

The 15 children of Peter and Molly-
Adam age 14
Bethany age 13 (birthday in January)
Caleb and Deborah age 13 (birthday in October)
Elijah age 12
Felix age 11
Gideon age 10
Hannah, Isaac and Julia age 9
Kenan age 6 (we prayed and prayed for Kenan- we were worried that we were infertile!)
Leah age 5
Matthew age 4
Nephi age 2
Ophir age 4 months

Did you see the unique connections their names share!

We've been so blessed with our children who are all in good health and who I had fabulous pregnancies with all of them. I've been blessed to be able to birth them all at home in our bathtub and then to breastfeed them all until they're at least two! Luckily my fertility returns quickly even if I am breastfeeding and I've had the unique experience of tandem breastfeeding all of my children. Heavenly Father has blessed me with patience every time I pray for it, and has truly strengthened me to be a mother in Zion.

As we homeschool we are able to raise our children in righteousness and avoid as many influences of the outside world as possible. I'm hoping that this blog will not only be for my posterity, but also a tool for missionary work throughout the world, as well as a way to share my unique talents.

Love, Molly

No comments: