Friday, November 14, 2008

Ask Molly!

Dear Posterity,
I've asked for questions from readers who need some help and light in their lives. I'm so excited to answer our first two questions today!

Dear Molly,
15 children? How do you do it? Do you believe in family planning?
The Newlyweds

Dear Newlyweds,
Our family planning is through prayer. We have been blessed to have children enter our home every time we've prayed for one (Sometimes we must have prayed extra hard because we have twins and triplets!). We did pray not to get pregnant for 6 months after our triplets were born (Hannah, Isaac and Julia- so great!) but that seemed to have seriously affected our fertility so we've never done that since. There is a book that I enjoyed called Family Unplanning and even though it wasn't published by Deseret Book (my usual criteria for reading a book) I gave it a try because there were scriptures on each page. I do suggest it.
Love, Molly

Dear Molly,
I can barely keep up with my 5 children, I'm not sure how you do it with 15! I have a really hard time staying motivated to keep my house clean and laundry done- let alone homeschooling on top of it!
Frazzled mom in AZ

Dear Frazzled,
First of all may I suggest moving closer to Zion? I know I have an easier time of life when I can feel the spirit of the saints better. I have very busy and full days. I wake up at 4am in order to fit it all in. But I've found that a well scheduled house runs more efficiently. Everything I do during the day is for the benefit of my family and because I love them. Maybe if you loved your children and husband more you'd be better motivated to just get it done. Homeschooling improves my day it doesn't make it harder! So my suggestion to you is to love your children more. I'll pray for you.

Love,
Molly

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Excellent tips. Everything is better in Zion. Let's be honest.

You may not want to check out my blog today. There is a half naked man on it.

I'm off to repent now.

Lee said...

Man you are so busy with so many kids how do you have time to blog and to comment on so many blogs? That is just amazing. I would imagine having time to go to the bathroom alone would be hard much less time to hangout online. You must really have it all together.

Anonymous said...

Holy. (In a spiritual way, I mean.)

Just when I'd started to feel ho-hum about Seriously So Blessed (my absorption rate for drama just dropped), I now discover this...spiritual uplift and righteous point of view?

I feel so far from the light...we had to move from Zion six months ago. I think it's because we haven't fulfilled out potential and produced pre-Sunbeams yet. *Sigh.* You're an inspiration. I'll be coming here for frequent devotionals. Do you do morning sides? Evening sides? Firesides? Thanks for shining your light.