Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ahh! Sleeping in!

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man (or woman) healthy, wealthy and wise!

Dear Posterity,
Peter and I were able to have a wonderful date last night. As is our Friday night tradition (and we've never missed a Friday!) we went to the Temple together. We started off with some yummy food from the cafeteria and then did back to back sessions. Fridays we don't get home until about 10:00 pm and last night I didn't get in bed until almost 11:00 pm! That is SUPER late for me. I'm generally up and getting started on my day by 4:30 at the very latest, but today I slept in until 5:00 am! I feel like I'm running way behind today because of that.

I'm the Relief Society President in our ward and on Tuesday we lost a super great sister in our ward. She returned home to her Heavenly Father and the arms of her loving eternal companion. I'm sad to lose her- but I'm so super happy for her at the same time! I'm in charge of the funeral this morning at 11am and I've been working with her children to coordinate it. She was such a spiritual giant that I assumed she had at least 13 children, imagine my surprise when I found out that she only had seven! Oh well, we all have our trials, hers must have been lack of faith in her abilities as a mother.

I just finished all my reminder calls to the sisters who need to bring food (you know- to give them time to cook it if they haven't started it already) and I'm about to finish up the center pieces for the tables for the luncheon after the burial.

I've been looking at some blogs out there and have noticed that some people put things they're grateful for at the bottom. What a great idea!

Love, Molly

1. Faith in my abilities as a mother
2. A husband who is righteous enough to make good money so I can stay home and raise our children.
3. Ophir who is just the sweetest little baby boy ever!

No comments: