Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Best Eternal Companion Ever!

Dear Posterity,
I was reading today as part of my 'past Ensign' study that I do on Wednesdays about showing our spouses that we loved them. I felt like I needed to share with you why Peter is the best spouse and father ever. I decided to do it in an open letter to Peter.

Dear Peter,
I knew when I met you in Young Woman's at that combined activity after the ward split that you were going to be my eternal companion. Of course you were a Priest and 16 at the time and I was only a Mia Maid and 14. Of course we became great friends and I saw you a lot after I became best friends with your younger sister. I feel like this allowed me to see your personality and how you treated your mother- which showed me how you would treat me when we were married.

When I turned 16 and we began to date for the year before you left on your mission it was so wonderful. I am so glad that we decided that we weren't going to kiss until we were over the alter so that we could remain pure and undefiled for the temple. When you got your mission call to Brazil I just knew you'd be the best missionary ever and that you must have been super righteous in the pre-existence to be called to a foreign mission, especially to one so hard as Brazil!

That two years was the longest two years of my life. I wrote to you every day and I could see your testimony growing every week in the letters you sent home to me. You were so righteous only writing on P days as instructed by your mission leader. My love for you grew as you were the youngest AP ever in your third month in the mission. I just know that you'll be a General Authority some day, or at the very least a Mission President.

When you came home was the happiest day of my life up to that moment, followed quickly by the best happiest day one week later when we were married in the Salt Lake Temple (you do know that's where all the most righteous members are married). Our first kiss as a couple over the alter was mind blowing and spiritual. That night as we knelt as a couple before we began our 'married life' together and then had our first married scripture study I knew this is how truely Celestial marriages are. Of course it only got better from there (wink, wink).

It's nearly 6:10 and time for me to wake children up for our homeschooling early morning seminary so I'll continue this letter tomorrow.

Love, your wife. (Molly)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Dear sweet sister Molly,

Any chance you live in America's dairyland? (wink wink). We must have been friends in the pre-existence. :)